Looking for an opportunity to volunteer with fellow Buckeyes? Do you love dogs? Then you should join us for Best Friends Animal Shelter’s Strut Your Mutt event!
Role: Dog Walk Cheerleaders
Help motivate the participants (doggos and puppers!) as they walk along the route. The main responsibility of this role is to keep the 'strutters' going and excited with cheers and treats! Requirements for this position are enthusiasm and a great disposition. You may be asked to help participants with water and treats too!
After our volunteer shift, join us at Iron Bar for lunch and pregaming before kickoff at 3:30/4 pm.
To ensure your volunteer spot, please follow the instructions below to create your volunteer profile by September 22nd.
1. Go to https://volunteers.bestfriends.org/login and click on “start volunteering”.
2. On the Entry Point Listing page choose “New York Volunteer”. You will be re-directed to the next page.
3. IMPORTANT: On the Volunteer profile creation page;
- Enter all of the information to create your account and submit
- Update your profile with an emergency contact, life skills/experience and any other info you would like to provide
- Read & “sign” the electronic Volunteer Agreement & Terms form
- Download and read the Best Friends Volunteer Handbook as well as the orientation
4. Email email@example.com once you have created your profile & completed all steps.
- In your email subject line please write "Ohio State Alumni Strutt Your Mutt Volunteer"
- We (NYCBuckeyes) will work with the Best Friends Volunteer Coordinator to get the group scheduled
Completing your profile is easy, and should only take about 10 minutes.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org