EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT
THE OFFICIAL 2017 OHIO STATE ALUMNI CLUB NYC GAME WATCHES
The Ohio State Alumni Club of NYC
Iron Bar NYC
Where will the Ohio State Alumni Club of NYC game watches be held?
The official spot to catch all of the Ohio State games in New York City (for the 4th year running!) is Iron Bar NYC, located at 713 Eighth Avenue (between 44th and 45th).
Do I have to make a reservation?
While there will be plenty of standing room and seats at the bar, we recommend making reservations for your party if you would prefer to have a table.
- About 70% of the seating will be open for reservations.
- The remaining 30% will be open to first come, first served attendees.
- Paid members of the Alumni Club of NYC will receive preferred seating in optimal viewing spots (with reservation only)!
How do I make reservations for Iron Bar NYC?
Reservations can be made no later than the Thursday before the selected game (For the Indiana game only: by Tuesday, August 29) by following these steps:
- Go to our Events page and select which game you'd like to make a reservation for.
- Select RSVP and state the size of your party
- NO reservations will be accepted through Iron Bar's website.
It is important to us that everyone has the best possible experience, so please read the following before making your reservation*:
- BE ON TIME! If your party is more than 15 minutes late for your reservation, your reservation will be forfeited and table given to another party.
- If you cannot make it for a reservation, please email the NYC club and let us know.
- Reservations made after the Thursday before the selected game will not be honored. Any unfilled tables after that point will be offered as 'first come, first served' the day of the game.
- Game watch reservation time slots start 30 minutes prior to kickoff. ALL occupied tables will be cleared 30 minutes before kickoff, NO EXCEPTIONS. This is to ensure there will be no "squatters" and help the staff prepare for the event.
- NO special seating requests will be taken unless required due to disability or impairment.
- Please remember to be courteous and tip your waitstaff appropriately.
*Please note that misuse of the reservation system--including frequent late arrivals, no shows, and attempting to schedule and hold tables more than 30 minutes before kickoff--may result in forfeiture of future reservations.
I have a coupon/discount/voucher for Iron Bar--can I use that at the game watch?
No coupons, discounts, or vouchers (such as from Yelp or other deal sites) will be accepted on game watch days.
How many TVs does Iron Bar Have:
There are 15 TVs throughout the bar as well as a 17 ft. wide projection screen, so everyone is sure to have a great spot!
What can I expect at the game watches?
A whole lot of Buckeye pride with fellow alums and friends.
Great food and drink specials, friendly staff, a DJ spinning tunes and Buckeye Pride like "Hang On Sloopy"!
I'm not a paid member; How do I become one?
You can purchase a membership through our website's 'Become A Member Tab' if you want a basic membership ($25), or through our 'Shop' tab if you would like a Membership+T-shirt package ($40). Registration MUST be completed online.
If you wish to become a member while at a game watches, our Board Members can help you complete your online registration. Membership can be paid for via Credit, Debit or Paypal on our website only--NO cash payments will be accepted.