EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT
THE OFFICIAL 2016 OHIO STATE ALUMNI CLUB NYC GAME WATCHES
The Ohio State Alumni Club of NYC
Iron Bar NYC and 4th Down Brooklyn
Where will the Ohio State Alumni Club of NYC game watches be held?
The official spot to catch all of the Ohio State games in New York City (for the third year running!) is Iron Bar NYC, located at 713 Eighth Avenue (between 44th and 45th).
We're also excited to announce that we have a new partnership and will have a presence for all the games at 4th Down Brooklyn, located at 750 Grand Street.
Do I have to make a reservation?
Iron Bar NYC: While there will be plenty of standing room and seats at the bar, we recommend making reservations for your party if you would prefer to have a table. Reservations are 'first come, first served', but we will do our best to accommodate as many fans as possible.
4th Down Brooklyn: No reservations are being taken--seats are strictly 'first come, first served', but we will do our best to accommodate as many fans as possible.
How do I make reservations for Iron Bar NYC?
Reservations can be made no later than 6pm the Friday before the selected game at http://ironbarnyc.com/rsvp by following these steps:
- Choose from the available time slots (DO NOT select a time slot for more than 30 minutes prior to kick off, see notes below)
- Select the size of your party
- In the notes section, please write 'Ohio State Game Watch'
It is important to us that everyone has the best possible experience, so please read the following before making your reservation*:
- BE ON TIME! If your party is more than 15 minutes late for your reservation, your reservation will be forfeited and table given to another party.
- If you cannot make it for a reservation, please let the Iron Bar staff know as soon as possible. They can be reached at (212) 247-1970.
- Reservations made after 6pm the Friday before the selected game will not be honored. Any unfilled tables after that point will be 'first come, first served' the day of the game.
- Game watch reservation time slots start 30 minutes prior to kickoff. Reservations made for earlier times slots will not be honored for the game. ALL occupied tables will be cleared 30 minutes before kickoff, NO EXCEPTIONS. This is to ensure there will be no "squatters" and help the staff prepare for the event.
- We will not be taking special seating requests unless required due to disability or impairment.
- Please remember to be courteous and tip your waitstaff appropriately.
*Please note that misuse of the reservation system--including frequent late arrivals, no shows, and attempting to schedule and hold tables more than 30 minutes before kickoff--may result in forfeiture of future reservations.
I have a coupon/discount/voucher for Iron Bar--can I use that at the game watch?
No coupons, discounts, or vouchers (such as from Yelp or other deal sites) will be accepted on game watch days.
How many TVs does Iron Bar Have:
There are 15 TVs throughout the bar as well as a 17 ft. wide projection screen, so everyone is sure to have a great spot!
What can I expect at the game watches?
At both spots you'll experience a whole lot of Buckeye pride with fellow alums and friends, of course, but there are a few key differences between the two locations:
Iron Bar NYC: Great food and drink specials, friendly staff, a DJ spinning tunes, the option to purchase club gear, and weekly raffles which will include a mini-fridge every game as well as other fun swag!
4th Down Brooklyn: A smaller, more intimate venue, plenty of drinks, and a friendly staff--including the owner who is a Buckeye as well!
PLEASE NOTE: 4th Down DOES NOT SERVE FOOD, however, you may bring your own food in.
I'm not a paid member; How do I become one?
You can purchase a membership through our website's 'Become A Member Tab' if you want a basic membership ($25), or through our 'Shop' tab if you would like a Membership+T-shirt package ($40). Registration MUST be completed online.
If you wish to become a member while at a game watches, our Board Members can help you complete your online registration. Membership can be paid for via Credit, Debit or Paypal on our website only--NO cash payments will be accepted.