The sense of community at OSU is second to none, so it’s no surprise Buckeyes bring that camaraderie with them to NYC. Whether it’s celebrating at game watches, competing in intramural sports, networking at happy hours, or taking part in community service together, there’s something for everyone!
Join fellow Buckeyes for an exciting welcome celebration like no other. New Buckeyes, New City is the perfect opportunity for recent graduates to form connections with established alumni and learn more about their new city and learn more about how you can stay connected with Ohio State.
Your $10 registration fee for the event includes appetizers and one complimentary drink ticket.
The University will also be recognizing 1 to 2 Rising Buckeyes, a special recognition of alumni making a strong impact and doing great things in our community!
RSVP through the Alumni Association website for our New York City event here
Help us welcome our new Alumni into the NYC Buckeye Community!
- Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 06:30 PM
- The Ainsworth - Midtown in New York, NY
In 2012, Dr. Patty Cunningham II launched the Office of Social Change at The Ohio State University.
The University created a Memorial Fund in her honor after her passing in February of 2017.
Please help us remember her amazing impact on the Ohio State Community.
The Ohio State Alumni Club of Greater New York is hosting a Happy Hour in her memory and all ticket proceeds will go directly to the Memorial Fund. Enjoy extended happy hour specials at the bar and meet some fellow buckeyes!
Get your tickets here! $25 online, and $30 at the door.
- Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 06:00 PM
- Gansevoort Park Rooftop in New York, NY
The BIG Ten Network and SoFi are hosting the Big Apple Big Ten Kickoff to welcome back Alumni with a Big Ten Football Preview hosted by Dave Revsine !
The first 400 people to RSVP will get a free drink compliments of SoFi!
Stop by for a couple drinks and the game preview, then head on over to Iron Bar for our Official Game Watch with the board!
RSVP to the event here
- Saturday, October 07, 2017 at 09:30 AM
- Hudson River Park in New York, NY
Best Friends Animal Shelter needs some Dog Walk Cheerleaders!
Help motivate the participants as they walk along the route. Your job is to cheer them along, clap and remain enthusiastic. The main responsibility of this role is to keep the 'strutters' going and excited with cheers and treats! Requirements to this position are enthusiasm and a great disposition. You may be asked to help participants with water and treats too!
To ensure your volunteer spot, please follow the instructions below to create your volunteer profile by September 22nd. Completing your profile is easy, and should only take about 10 minutes.
1. Go to https://volunteers.bestfriends.org/login and click on “start volunteering”.
2. On the Entry Point Listing page choose “New York Volunteer”. You will be re-directed to the next page.
3. IMPORTANT: On the Volunteer profile creation page;
· enter all of the information to create your account and submit
· update your profile with an emergency contact, life skills/experience and any other info you would like to provide
· read & “sign” the electronic Volunteer Agreement & Terms form
· download and read the Best Friends Volunteer Handbook as well as the orientation
4. Email firstname.lastname@example.org once you have created your profile & completed all steps.
· In your email subject line please mention "Ohio State Alumni" as well as including the opportunity you are interested in.
· Your group coordinator will work with the Best Friends Volunteer Coordinator to get the group scheduled.
If you have any other questions, please contact email@example.com